Monday, June 14, 2010

stiff arms

I joined my friends on their personal training session on Sunday. It was at a very cute park in Encinitas and it involved 3 of us, one trainer and ALOT of grunting. It was pretty much what I expected, I have been to quite a few classes like that the past few years but each time I forget how sore I am the day after. We did a bunch of circuit things, cardio, lifting that kinda thing. At one point we started walking over towards the play structure. I had no idea what I was in store for....pull ups. I have never ever in my life attempting one of these. The closest I have ever come is to that machine at the gym that pretty much lifts you up with weights and you go through the motions with your arms. This was no joke. I don't know how people do this. I don't want to make excuses, but my arms are REALLY long. So to hang and then pull myself up...not possible. Anyways the poor personal trainer had to basically lift me up and back, the poor guy was sweating and i'm pretty sure he would have grunted but was too nice and didn't want to make me feel bad.

Today I literally cannot move my arms. I am sore. Real sore. Its always amazing what you push yourself to do when you are held accountable by others.

No comments: