Sunday, June 6, 2010

sell out

I am a bum. I am not even going to read my posts from earlier cause it will just frustrate me....BUT I had to bag my first race this morning. I was up all night coughing coughing and coughing some more. I was holding off on taking a sleep aide cause I had to wake up at 4 for the half marathon. Well somewhere around 2am (I went to bed at 8) I gave up and took some nyquil knowing I would not be able to function at 4am. I got up at 4 and had to make sure I got in touch with my friend because I was picking her up in the am. Anyways I got in touch with her, she was going to drive and I went back to bed to try to actually get some shut eye. Such a bummer. These things happen though and I have not had the easiest past month with sicknesses. This was just really unfortnate timing to have a sleepless night. Especially when I paid 100 bucks to race. Oh well its still a donation to the leukemia society AND I got the shirt like I finished anyways! I am really hoping that between the cold and the stomach problems that they both stay at bay for the rest of the month so I can get some good workouts in for the triathlon I am doing at the end of the month. Until them I am going to try my best to suck down these monstrous mucinex pills and hope to get some shut eye. I promise a fun and upbeat post is on the horizon...I HOPE!!

No comments: