Tuesday, February 24, 2009

You're B'er than that!



Okay so I have not posted in a lil bit but thats because I was in MEHICO! But first things first. Last week's workouts were hysterical to say the least. I went back to the personal training place and hopped on my bike and new bike trainer the Cycle Ops. Once again the sweet olympic triathlete got to her yelling at me after about two seconds of watching me. I mean this chic was asking us to go at a 140 rpm. If you are wondering how fast that is, watch Lance Armstrong, because no joke, that is what he pulls. Me, not so much! So I just kept covering my cadence reader so that she could not see it which she did not like one bit. At one point she was yelling in my face "come on Jody, you're b'er than that" (picture that in a great scottish/english/australian (not sure which one she is) accent). I really wanted to say "No, i'm really not, in fact I am trying my damndest to not throw up on this floor, or to pass out." Instead I just put my head down and tried my hardest. The best part was then getting off the bike and doing our strength workout. Needless to say I was pretty out of it and have never felt so close to passing out because of workouts.
THE KICKER was that the next day I went with a coworker to her gym to swim. Who do I see when I round the corner?! THE TRAINER! She was in her bathing suit and you could literally see every ripple and muscle in her body. I wanted to strip down right there and be like "this is what i'm dealing with lady!" But instead I said hello. She asked me "what was wrong with you last night?" UMMMMMMMMMM how about I am not a professional triathlete, nor want to be. How about it was 130 degrees in there and I don't really sweat which poses a problem. How about I am just pretty out of shape and am here to get in shape. Anyways she was kind of chucking saying "oh Jody, I fell so bad yelling at you but I just need to scream at you the whole time."
Okay so I should note that it is Tuesday night and I did not go tonight. They were testing our levels and stuff and I do not really need proof of how out of shape I am. So instead I did my spin and lifting here at the house, but I tried to get the dog to bark at me. And I did it while watching Biggest Loser so I kind of felt like I had Bob and Jillian training me.
So Bri and I took off for Cabo for our anniversary on Thursday. It was such a great time returning and we got to spend the long weekend in the same room as last year. We went back to some of our favorite spots and restaurants and pretty much tried to keep a nice steady buzz the whole weekend. I think we were both pretty successful with that. It was a little strange being there without all of our friends and family, but nice to be on our first vacation alone together. Not that we don't spend much of our time in San Diego alone, but its just different. Anyway we hope on our 10th anniversary that we can all go back!!
I almost forgot the best part of Cabo.....they refer to us as "The Buonomo's". I will never get sick of seeing a fun Mexican calling Brian "Mr. Buonomo."


I want to once again thank everyone for the donations. I still have quite a ways to go so please visit my website where you can donate online!
BUENOS NOCHES AMIGOS

No comments: