Saturday, December 6, 2008

middle fingers and mylar

So after my dad left all diseased and what not I got to decorating and put up the Christmas tree.

I must say it is rather odd decorating in warm weather, but I am not going to complain. Running has been in full gear and this weekend I ran with my group on the half marathon route and it was beautiful. We run right along the ocean and its a beautiful view of the ocean and tons of surfers. Today was the first run and I mean first of many that I did not feel like I wanted to die.

After my run Bri and I ventured out to a great little hole in the wall breakfast place, Big Kitchen in South Park and it became our fast favorite. The woman who owned it gave us a big hug on the way out, god bless Judy. I took a picture with Betty Boop outside of the restaurant as we were leaving.After breakfast we took off for the beach with the dog. And yes that is me giving the finger because I usually take the pictures to send to friends and family back home, and lets be honest, it is basically me giving a big giant middle finger. So I figured I would actually give it on this one.

We are off for some more holiday cheer tonight. THere is a big giant christmas extravaganza in Balboa park which is where we live, so if we can brave the crowds we are going to check it out and see some christmas lights.


Oh and this week we played the same team that gave us our name "we go for balls" in water polo, cause last season I actually jumped out of my tube to knee a fellow in the nuts cause he was really physical with me and I saw no other way to handle it. Anyways we played them and they are the reigning champs. They beat us by around 20 points last season but we managed to only lose by 6 this week.Yay for us!! I am still trying to post a video of us playing, but we are usually low on subs so I never get to get the footage. Maybe next time!


Happy 2nd birthday to Elizabeth!! I am very sad to be missing the family party today but sent a nice bunch of balloons for the birthday girl which i'm sure she'll still be dragging around for Christmas. SHe's got a thing for mylar!


The trip back to boston is coming soon! Two weeks and counting!






No comments: